People outside the region of the EU or EEA aspiring to work and reside in Denmark have to apply for a Denmark work permit. Availing a work permit primarily depends on qualifications.
Denmark work permit schemes
A number of schemes have been planned to simplify the path for highly qualified professionals to get a work and a residence permit in Denmark.
Here are the few amongst the schemes available:
- Positive list
- Pay limit scheme
- The corporate scheme
- The Danish Green card scheme
Denmark Work Permit Requirements
Each of these schemes has their specific requirements to be met in order to be granted a work permit:
Positive list: The positive list has the list of professions, which presently have shortage of capable professionals
Individuals filing their applications under this scheme have to fulfill the following conditions:
- Job has to be listed on the positive list
- A Job offer in the written format , which states the salary and the conditions of employment
- Should have a professional Bachelors degree as the minimum degree
The pay list scheme
Individuals, who have a job offer that with a high pay, have an easy access to the labor market of Denmark besides which they are required to fulfill the following requirements if they are to acquire a Denmark work permit under this scheme
- The annual gross salary of the job must be minimum DKK 375,000.
- Must have a job offer or a contract in the written format stating the employment and salary conditions.
The corporate scheme
The corporate scheme under the Denmark work permit entitles an employee of a foreign department to acquire a corporate residence permit in Denmark. In order to be granted a Denmark work permit under this scheme one has to meet the below conditions:
- The company has to demonstrate that it is the part of the foreign corporation and has a sister or a parent company.
- The Danish company must have minimum of 10 employees
- The employment and the salary conditions must be in agreement with the standards of Denmark
- The foreign departments must be an authentic businesses
Denmark Green card scheme:
In order to granted a Denmark work permit under the Green card scheme one is required to score a minimum score of 100 points.
Denmark Work Permit Points calculator
Level of education, language proficiency, experience of work, adaptability and age are the factors based on which points are granted.